FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
A good rule of thumb when estimating how much time you need is 5 minutes per face painting. Due to the delightful imagination of children, a 100% accurate estimate is hard. A purple-sparkle-princess-unicorn is going to take longer to paint than some stars. Please book enough time so that we don't have to disappoint your guests. Overtime is by the half hour. NEW - Check out our budget friendly options!
- SO MANY REASONS!
- Imagine it's years from now and you're looking through your children's photos. Do you really want to see your child's face wearing a tragic lack of talent? Photos last forever. It's not worth saving ten bucks.
- We have been doing this forever and that's why we can offer both speed and quality. What's the point of hiring an amateur at a cheaper hourly rate that takes longer? It could end up costing more.
- We attend professional training conventions such as FABIAC. We are taught by amazing face and body painting artists such as Dutch Bihary, Pashur, Nick Wolfe, Mark Reid, Heather Green, and many more.
- We are insured.
- Have you seen our gallery of art? We are real artists.
- We are always using the highest quality products and follow safety standards. Don't settle for less.
- We are trusted by the Broadmoor, Cheyenne Mountain Resort, T-Mobil, Villa Sport, Whole Foods and many more.
- See what our happy clients have to say about us.
Cash or check: Please pay when we arrive.
Credit Cards: 3 days in advance via phone or PayPal. We are happy to send you an invoice for convenience.
If you can think of a type of event, we've probably done it.
- birthday parties
- festivals and renaissance fairs
- corporate events / employee parties
- Bar/Bat Mitzvahs
- grand openings
- prom after-parties
- full body painting / adult night club events
- baby showers: prenatal belly paintings and henna designs
- traditional henna and no-stain henna
- Military events and parties
- Halloween makeup, prosthetics and gore FX
- "learn to face paint" workshop parties
- "learn to henna art" workshop parties
- farmers' markets
- fund raisers
- family reunions
- holiday theme parties
You couldn't start painting at the contracted time because my guests arrived really late. Can I just pay for the time you were painting?
We serve the entire Front Range. If you are more than a 30 minute drive outside Colorado Springs, there will be a trip charge. It's usually a flat $30 fee but please call or email for a quote.
Yes! Have you ever wondered why liquid cosmetics such as foundation never mold... even after sitting in a drawer for years? Cosmetics contain antimicrobial preservatives. These keep bacteria from growing in water based paints (and cosmetics in general) while being gentle and safe. Our brushes and sponges are cleaned regularly with antibacterial soap. Your child has a greater chance of catching a virus while waiting in line than from having their face painted. Additionally at the artist's discretion, we won't paint skin with any kind of condition such as conjunctivitis, cuts, sunburn, or other rash.
As far as allergies, if you have sensitive skin please request a patch test prior to being painted. I have been painting since '09 and nobody has ever complained of a reaction. These products are the Clinique of face paint.
It's time for you to leave, but a bunch of extra kids showed up. Can you paint the for free and stay longer?
What an amazing talent! Arrived on time with 7 inches of snow and snow packed roads! Set up quickly and had her first kiddo on the seat within minutes! Would definitely recommend this company for your birthday parties or other events! She was a hit with the kiddos!
Zanypaint is a hit with our children’s parties! They are professional, creative with new designs, and fun to work with. We keep them coming back!